International women’s day or women’s day is celebrated on March 8th every year. It was celebrated since 1911 from the gathering of IWM. This day is not any organization specific. It belongs to everyone and anywhere. The story of the women’s struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor any one organization. To make a positive difference for women make this international Women’s day yours.
Women’s Day is a Global celebration day that celebrates the social, cultural, political and economic achievements of women all across the world. It is about reflection, advocacy and action whatever that looks like globally at a local level. It continues to grow from strength to strength and has been well over for centuries.
What color do we wear on International Women’s Day?
- The purple is the color to symbolize the women. The combination of green, white and purple signifies the women’s social and political unity in the UK in 1908.
- White and green represents purity and hope.
What’s the theme for International Women’s Day 2019?
The them this year is Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change.
Who started International Women’s day?
The UN celebrated International Women’s Day in the year 1975. In 1977, the General Assembly invited member states to proclaim 8th March as the Day for women’s rights and world peace.
What is the importance of Women’s Day?
Women’s Day is celebrated in honor of their remarkable contribution to our society by women. The day also commemorates the role of women around the world to secure women’s rights and build more equality.
Is there an International Men’s Day?
International Men’s Day is on 19th November.
- Women’s day has been observed since the 1900s. This was the time of great turbulence in the industrialization. World saw the growth in population and the rise of radical ideologies. In 1909 German proposed that that 8th of March be honored as a day annually for working women. The day has been celebrated as the international women’s day or international working women’s day. The day was then celebrated by the socialist movement which later was adopted by the feminist movement in 1967.
- This day ranges from being a public holiday in some countries to being largely ignored elsewhere. Is some places it is a day of protest also. The National Women’s Day was held in 1909 in New York organized by the party of America. 1908
- In 1908 15000 women marched from New York City demanding better voting rights, pay and shorter hours.
- In 1910, the organization was organized to precede the meeting of second international socialism in Denmark.
- By seeing the decision made in Copenhagen in 1911, the Women’s day was honored the first time in Denmark, Austria, Germany, and Switzerland on 19 March. More than one million women and men joined the rally to support the women’s voting rights and to hold the public and end discrimination.
- In 1913 Russia observed their first International Women’s day in February. !914 international Women’s day was held in Germany and now it is always held on 8th march in all the countries.
- The twenty-first century in the west the day was sponsored by Major Corporation and used for the proportion of good messages rather than radical reforms.
Why is international women’s day celebrated?
- It is celebrated to express appreciation, respect, love and care towards all women.
- Today’s women are self-dependent and are giving a big contribution to the development of society and the country.
- The biggest reason why a country cannot grow to its full potential is due to the lack of attention given to them. The hidden talent that women carry has been suppressed in all the countries. The NSSO report of India says that only 4 percent of women participation in the organization sector. Whereas in powerful countries the participation of a woman increases to 70 to 71 percent.
But today nobody is ready to employ Women. The main reason behind this is the wrong thinking of people :
A. Women will become pregnant
B. They will get married soon
C.That they have to take care of their baby
D.She will not be able to work
- They are continuously downplayed and discriminated in any circumstances. The 2011 census report says that the average education of women in India today is 1.25 years. Talking in the case of India, there are 48 percent of women. If women are only restricted to do the work they want to do, then when will the country grow.
- Due to these reasons, the International Women’s day becomes the must situation that needs to be promoted all over the world as fast as possible. Women empowerment is still the necessity because in many villages even today girls don’t get basic education, they are forced to get married at a young age and problems like female feticide still exist.
Every woman is equally important even if she is a working woman or a homemaker taking care of her family and child. Let’s all not limit the respect and appreciation towards women only for this particular day because every day is a celebration of humanity where women play an equal and important role.
International women’s day in Australia
The first International Women’s Day was held in 1928 in Sydney. The next year this event then spread to Brisbane. The annual march was launched in 1931 in both Melbourne and Sydney which continues to be held even today.
How is international women’s day today?
- It has become a time to reflect on progress and to call for change. To celebrate the determination and courage of the women who changed history.
- International Women’s Day is an occasion to see how far women have come. By struggling for equality, peace, and development. It is also an opportunity to unite, network and mobilize for changes.
The word, yoga, comes from the Sanskrit word yuj, which means to “ yoke” and "samadhi" or "concentration." A…
Labour Day or worker’s day is an annual Public holiday to celebrate the achievements of workers. Labour Day has…
Valentine ’s Day
Valentine's Day is celebrated every year on the 14th of February. A day when people show they love each…
World AIDS Day
World AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency system) Day is held on 1st December since 1988. It was first visualized by Thomas…
Children's Day is a commemorative date celebrated annually in honor of children’s. It is also known as children’s rights day…